En son trend omuz hizası saç modelleri | Saç Sırları
So you are looking for a 1960s theme party and want to create a hairstyle of the era? If you have shoulder length hair, then "Flip" is definitely the hairstyle for you! Made known by Mary Tyler Moore at "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" and Elizabeth Montgomery from the popular show "Bewitched", "Flip" is certainly much easier to create these days than it was then. In the 1960s, women had to use large curlers and spent time under the window to create this popular style, but today we have a luxurious technique of curling wands and hair dryers to create a look. "Flip" was basically a style where the hair was backcombed and then flipped out at the ends to create a curl. Some women in this time combined "Flip" with a bouffant style, where the hair was teased and the top layer brushed in a large, round, large barrel-like shape on top of the head. Modern carriers of "Flip" have included Hilary Clinton and Barbara Streisand, but there is less of the inflated and large bouffant appearance in the 60s.
"Flip" was and still is a very feminine and flattering style and looks best when "Flip" ends above the shoulders. Depending on the size of the crown required, use either a small curling rod for a tight curl or a larger one for looser curls.
To achieve this look-
- Make sure your hair is free of too much product as this can make it difficult to achieve "Flip". Maybe use a light mousse.
- Use a jar to turn the curl outwards. It is best to do this in section. Use hair spray if needed to keep it in place.
- (If your hair is too long, it may not be possible to create "Flip" because the lids may fall out.)
- To create a "bouffant" you must tease or backcomber your hair from around the crown and then smooth with a brush. Add hair spray to keep the style intact.
- The 1960s was also a time for the headband and "flip" can easily be worn with this accessory. Dress it up with either a polyester or a crochet or satin or elastic headband. You can include a bow, feather, bandana or sash and your hairstyle will come back in the 1960s ready to rock and roll!