Make up is used in various areas such as television, newspapers, theaters, photography, cosmetic industry and many more. Make-up artists change your look by using cosmetics on your face. They make you look good and feel good. They change your everywhere personality. They can make you look younger or older. They can cover your shortcomings. And so this profession is in high demand and is popular, especially in TV.
If you have decided to be your profession, you need to know its advantages and disadvantages, various make-up and courses available.
Benefits of being a makeup artist
• You do not have to go 9 to 6 desks.
• You can start your business or work in a team. You don't have to work under someone else.
• You meet different people daily and can develop your own network.
• It gives you an inner satisfaction to make people look good. You bring happiness to people.
• It lets you experiment with your creative ideas.
• The results are fast
• You can meet celebrities and visit new places.
• This profession offers flexible working hours.
Cons of being a make-up artist
• There is no timetable for the work
• The competition is very tough
• Many people think that people who address this profession are "good for nothing"
• It takes time to develop a career in this profession
• It takes time to create your own network of customers.
How to become a make-up artist
A formal certification in makeup artist is not necessary. You can become a makeup artist by learning the techniques yourself or you can go to makeup school or can work in a cosmetic company. If you want to learn it yourself, much constant research is required. You should be aware of the type of makeup that is in fashion. You should read books about makeup artist, understand different styles. To train yourself, you can experiment your makeup artist on your friends. A make-up artist with certification will always be preferable to others. So there are many makeup schools that provide the necessary certification. Here you get a formal education and training on this profession that will be very beneficial in the long run. By working in a cosmetic company, you will be exposed to various makeup products and their uses. You also get the chance to use makeup for your customers.
There are various courses available as part-time makeup; fashion and photographic; scene, media and special effects; fashion, theater and media makeup diploma.
It is very easy to become a makeup artist but if you want to master this art, bring up as many makeup as you can. It will improve your skills. This profession is very rewarding and is in high demand. Today everyone wants to look beautiful.